Monthly Spending at Bethany - Tanzania
Where the money goes
- No deductions for Administration. Please remember that all administrative expenditure incurred in the UK is funded by separate giving (usually by those unpaid volunteers actually 'doing' the administration, presentations etc.). This includes, printing, envelopes, stamps , travel, web site etc.
- No Flight expenses for visiting volunteers. Each volunteer (short term) is expected to donate adequate funds to the project to cover all expenses. These monies are accounted for separately within the general fund. The cost per volunteer is between £700-£1250 (depending on time of year and length of stay). If you wish to subsidise those volunteers who have limited resources then please identify your donation (i.e. for the 'home fund').
- All other moneys received (not identified as being for the 'home fund') are paid into our 'General fund'. From this fund amounts are sent out directly to the project (usually by electronic bank to bank transfer) or used to purchase medicines/ spares etc here in the UK and sent out with visiting volunteers.
- Spending in Tanzania. At the top of the page you will see monthly headings for monthly spending at the project in Tanzania. If you click on the ‘months’ you will display the page with various headings. They should be self explanatory.
- What the Project provides. The spending shown on the pages listed below are for providing the following
- All the living expenses for our family, which accommodation, clothes and food.
- Supplementary education for our children, School expenses, medical treatment etc,
- Vocational Training schemes for our older children to enable them to become self sufficient and live independently.
- The staff wages (including management team, various childcare / site / maintenance workers, cooks, night watchmen etc).
- Running expenses for the Land Rover and Toyota Land Cruiser, water pumps, diesel generators, filtration systems etc.etc. Maintenance provision/upkeep of the solar system used for the pumping and purifying water every day